Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'll Be Home For Christmas


As mentioned previously, Jeremiah and I headed north to visit both our families in Pennsylvania over our Christmas break. Luckily, we made it safely to Montrose, PA after only nine hours in the car. Have I ever told you how much I LOVE being in the car for the majority of the day?! LOVE it. The evening of the 23rd we then ventured down to the Koehler side of the family, making it in time to help prepare for our annual Christmas Eve shindig after church. We stayed for our 2nd anniversary because we both had haircuts scheduled (note: we are looking a world of difference from our Christmas card picture and some of the shots you see below... the beard is gone, my hair is short... my self-respect wants to send out a second round of pictures) and we later went out to eat at a place we went on our honeymoon. We left the next day for Richmond, and that night had another family gathering with Jeremiah's side of the family. It was a busy time, but so enjoyable. We love being able to see our family and to take a break from our normal routine here. 

Here are a few of the sights one would have seen at my parents' house on Christmas morning:

Actually, this was Christmas Eve. Jeremiah and I just couldn't wait to give Buddy his new Snuggie.

Here is one of the many fabulous wrap-jobs, done mostly by Cameron. He also wrapped gifts in a plastic storage bin and the shoebox for his dress shoes--both of which he needed back after the gifts were opened.

Another wrap-job, this time by Jeremiah. Can you guess what it is??
(It's a loofa.)
Jeremiah with his 1/2 lb. gummy bear from my mom.

Better known as "the Christmas miracle" by Cameron. Went to bed with a beard, woke up "miraculously" with a mustache, which he left until the next day. And the credit for the candy/gum cigarette we all played with as kids goes to me.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Glad you guys had fun at home!