Sunday, October 26, 2008

About Time To Update

It's been a couple weeks since our last update, so I figured it's about time for another. Life has been pretty uneventful, which isn't such a bad thing in light of our frequently trying circumstances.
Fall weather has finally hit Virginia, with temps averaging out in the 60s. We are loving every minute of it! Last weekend we went to Carytown to ring in the holiday season (yes, we are already considering it the holiday season). Carytown is a part of downtown Richmond (we think) that is a cross between downtown State College and Peddler's Village--shops similar to Peddler's Village set up like downtown State College. Our two favorite stores are the Christmas shop and the chocolate/candy store. Jeremiah came home with a bag full of exotic-flavored Jelly Bellys and I with a Kahlua truffle. Amazing! We have been happily anticipating our first Christmas together, and have already viewed a couple Christmas movies in our down time. 'Tis the season!
Later in the week I made Shep's day when I brought him and Shane each a pumpkin to carve. They had never carved pumpkins using the special tools and patterns, and were so excited about it. It was fun for me to help them and see them enjoy something that has been a huge tradition for my family.
For those who don't know, Jeremiah got me into a book club with a bunch of women he works with. I had never met any of them, but was glad to finally get the chance this past week at our first get-together. It was a lot of fun to hang out with people! Jeremiah and I are struggling to meet people and build relationships, so I am thankful for this opportunity. We meet again in the beginning of December to discuss our new book, One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell (think Sex and the City and Lipstick Jungle). I didn't fair too well with the first book, which was 560+ pages, so I'm really trying to get a head start on this one since it is 430+ pages. We shall see.
This week Jeremiah will be away at a professional development conference from Wednesday through Saturday in Maryland. We're excited for this opportunity, because he was one of few people asked to go by the principal. A couple of his co-workers also asked him to play in a dodgeball tournament yesterday. J-Beezy, as printed on the back of his jersey, had a lot of fun.
Other than that, we have just been basking in the victories of Penn State and the Phillies and loving every minute of it! Oh, and I'm in the process of completing my first domestic project--painting my old toy box. Right now, I can see the old design right through the primer and first coat of paint. Lovely. I'm crossing my fingers for the second (and maybe third) coat to provide some better coverage.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

awesome awesome AWESOME...i hope to call you soon--maybe today?? i want to join a book club!!