Friday, November 14, 2008

Misc.

Can you believe it's the middle of November already?? Jeremiah and I couldn't be more excited for the holidays to be here. We are anxiously anticipating our first big holiday as husband and wife--Thanksgiving in Montrose, PA. Yep, as crazy as it sounds, we will be making the eight hour car ride up north on the biggest travel day of the year. Jeremiah teaches a half day that Wednesday so we will leave right after that, crossing our fingers that we'll avoid major traffic. My parents and brother and sister will be coming up for Thanksgiving day to feast with Jeremiah's side of the family. How amazing to be able to have everyone together! We did this last year and it worked perfectly. Debbie Link did the cooking, Debbie Koehler did the baking. Delicious!

As of next week, I will be taking on a few more hours at Goddard--in the baby room. I'm so thankful that God quickly answered my prayers for more hours, so that Jeremiah and I will have more money to contribute to his loan payments that start up at the end of the month and the rest of the debt we are trying to put a dent into. Tuesday and Thursday I'll work from 7-2 strictly in the baby room, and still hang out with the two year olds on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. The other three teachers in the baby room are great, which will be helpful in a room that I know just about nothing about. It's a little nerve-racking, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it quickly. I'm trying to remain positive, thinking that this will be good for when I become a mother someday.

Only two more weekends before the kickoff to Christmas! And as if that weren't enough to look forward to, we're going to see our friends, Greg and Elise Boros, this weekend in DC. They just moved there to work at George Mason for Campus Crusade for Christ. We absolutely love spending time with them!!

No comments: