Monday, December 8, 2008

O Christmas Tree

It was a weekend filled with Christmas celebration! On Friday, Jeremiah and I were able to go to his Christmas party for Robious Middle School (after planning on not being able to go) and had a great time. It was fun to meet Jeremiah's co-workers that I hear so much about.
On Saturday, Jeremiah and I picked out our first Christmas tree and decorated the apartment. I posted some pictures of the days events--and unfortunately, I lack a lot of skill taking pictures of lit Christmas trees. And what a shame that is, considering I was very proud of my lighting job. My dad would be proud! As you can see, Shaniqua looked ultra ghetto with twine strung all throughout to hold our monstrous tree on the top of her. I even had to climb in through the driver's side to get back home. It's true what they say--trees always look bigger when you get them home. Luckily we have very high ceilings, or we could've had a real problem on our hands. We absolutely love it, and had a great time listening to carols and getting in the Christmas spirit for the first time together!
Then yesterday evening, we had Jeremiah's side of the family who live in Richmond over for a little shindig. I made way too much food, but was excited to use many of the serving dishes I had got for our wedding. We had a $5 white elephant exchange, which was a lot of fun!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello you two! We got your Christmas card today and I am so happy it had your blog address in it! I had been searching for it forever...because I kept forgetting to ask Sister Deb for the address! It is great to read about your adventures and feel part of your life...even if you are not right around the corner!

Love,

Aunt Tammy

Kristin said...

LOVE IT--what a great looking tree!! I am so incredibly excited to see you at Radiate. It will be the HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR besides your wedding...can you believe it was almost a year ago? WOW...you two are wonderful and I LOVE YOU!!