Monday, October 3, 2011

Spoiler Alert

You're right. It's been over a month since an update. In fact, it's almost been two months. I'm not proud.
But while we're talking numbers, let's talk about an even more staggering statistic...

13 days til our babe's due date. That's less than two weeks people. Unreal.

Jeremiah and I are finally feeling ready for our girl to arrive after a couple weekends in a row of errands and necessary baby prep. Her room is ready to go, our hospital bag is as packed as it can be, and the car seat is installed. I never thought the day would come, but everything seems a bit natural and normal as her arrival gets closer. Don't get me wrong, it's still absolutely nuts to know that two weeks from today our life will be completely different. We'll be parents. We'll be in charge of a baby, of a child, of another life. Crossing our fingers we don't screw it up!

And now without further ado, the nursery reveal. Drumroll please...

And lucky, lucky you. You've gotten a sneak-peak at our little lady's first initial. Ahh!

My sincerest apologies. As if I'm not terrible enough at taking pictures, S's room doesn't have a single window and has a crazytown lamp, all making pictures nearly impossible to visualize the room as it appears in reality. So sorry. I tried with and without flash and both versions are horrible.


In the words of En Vogue... now it's time for a breakdown.

Crib - BabyMod Parklane, from Walmart
Bedding - my crazy talented mom
Rocking chair - Plow & Hearth
Ottoman - Target
Changing table/drawers - Ikea
Changing pad and cover - The Land of Nod
Mirror - Target, spray painted by Jeremiah
Curtains - fabric from Joann, sewn by my mom
Futon - Ikea
Fabric ribbon board - my crazy talented sister
Pillows - my mom
Bookshelf - Ikea (years and years ago), backed with wrapping paper
Chifforobe - my dad's grandmother's I believe
Ceiling and floor lamps - Ikea
Mobile - handmade by me
S - painted cardboard letter from Joann, rosettes handmade by me


And wouldn't you agree we're in big trouble if the ultrasound techs were deceived...

3 comments:

Elise said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
An "S"!!!!!
Never would've thought!!! Of course I just shrieked it to Greg and he has a guess... which I won't reveal here in case it's the real name. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
WHEN DO I MEET HER??????

Kristin said...

Wow, it's so perfect. What a lucky girl!!

Bevin said...

LOVE it all!! She's such a lucky little girl :)