Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Santa Beard Debate

Dear Jeremiah had a wonderful idea that came upon him like a thief in the night about a week or two ago. A "wonderful" idea.
He thinks it would be so great not to shave until after Christmas. This way, he will have a beard approximate in length and fullness to that of Santa's. And if that weren't glorious enough, he wants to take it a step (well, I'd say a bit more than a step further) and dye that beard white so that he can dress up like and pretend to be Santa for his cousin's daughter, Ruby, during the holiday season.
Let's all pause for a moment and really take this in.


Not a chance I said. I've been through 'No Shave November' and I undoubtedly suffered through 'Manchu March' but I will in no way have my 23 year old husband traipsing around looking like Father Christmas. We have had a few sarcastic debates here and there concerning the issue, but I thought we all agreed this was some weird fantasy of his that will never actually play out in reality, until maybe his hair takes on a natural white color.

But this morning, I wake up to this...


Jeremiah has influenced his new students, less than two weeks into the school year, to win my favor for the Santa beard. Folks, I'm going to need your help on this. Wasn't the Christmas card photo appalling enough last year? Please deter my husband from this crazed aspiration. 




PS. I just noticed he has a student named Cynamon.

2 comments:

Andria said...

I vote a big fat NO, NO, NO for the Santa beard. That would be awful. Plus, I don't think there is white hair dye, I think it's called bleach. So he'll end up with this gross and creepy dog urine on snow colored beard.

Kristin said...

haha omg