Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Awesome

After a day of celebrating Cameron's graduation, it was my turn. On Sunday I got to open birthday gifts from my family, which had been the talk of the town since we had arrived in Sellersville. Cameron was hyping up the gifts he got me, and his friends were even asking if I had opened my present yet when we saw them at the graduation party. I had no idea what was in store, but was rather nervous.
My sister gave me a lovely serving dish I had seen a couple months ago that gave me some kitchen color inspiration. My mom and dad gave me Martha Stewart's sewing encyclopedia and a gift card to Joann Fabric. I'm excited to hopefully create some killer projects for our new place. Both of these gifts were so great!
And then there was Cameron's gift. First of all, part two of the gift was wrapped in this paper:


He handed me part one, which was not wrapped. This is part one:

Yes, you are reading that correctly. No need to adjust your screen or your vision prescription. Cameron created his own book on how to be awesome (essentially an autobiography) and compiled it in one of those classy report covers. "This book was written with the intention of helping you to live a more awesome life, much like your idol, Cameron Koehler. For the convenience of the reader, the book has been broken down into sections." A direct quote from the table of contents, of which there are 17 sections. After receiving this book, I was instructed to go to the section on gift giving and read aloud. Keep in mind I still didn't know what part two of the gift was.
I would like to share with you an excerpt from the sub-section, People you do like.
"If not food, go for something hilarious but also useful. For example: a huge rainbow umbrella. (Note: Cameron got this for me a few Christmases ago) It may be embarrassing, but it can certainly be used. And everyone can laugh about it before, during, and after the giving. Another example would be a Slip 'n' Slide. It's fun but also useful. It would be funny to get one for a 25-year-old without an outdoor faucet, a yard, or children. It's useful because it's a Slip 'n' Slide. Don't tell me there's no use for that. Maybe at a friend's house. Maybe 5 years down the road when said 25-year-old buys a house in southeastern Pennsylvania. Who knows. But it's hilarious and awesome right now."
And so, here was part two of my birthday gift:

HILARIOUS.
We were laughing hysterically!! I had tears literally streaming down my face. Could barely finished reading the excerpt as it became clear to me what my present was. Oh, and there's a 110lb. weight limit. Add that to the list of reasons why it would be funny to get a 25-year-old a Slip 'n' Slide.





Note: Cameron does not actually have a mustache, nor does he smoke cigarettes. This photo was taken on Christmas morning, after receiving bubblegum cigs from me in his stocking. As for the facial hair, he calls it the Christmas miracle. Goes to bed on Christmas Eve with a beard, wakes up Christmas morning with a mustache. Miracle.

1 comment: