Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quarter of a Century Celebration

For those of you who don't know, my 25th birthday was this past Friday, June 18th. For weeks prior to this special day, I had been questioning Jeremiah about what we might do. Typically, Jeremiah and I aren't great at keeping surprises (for example, two Christmases ago we exchanged gifts two weeks early because we were so curious) so I thought he'd eventually crack and spill his plans to me. I was wrong. That man was a vault. Although I was anxious to know what our celebration would entail, it made me feel so special to know that he had thought out and planned an evening just for me. We both had half days at work; however, I was given strict orders not to arrive home before 4:45. I kept myself busy shopping but was very antsy to get home and be with my husband (instead of alone!) on my birthday!
When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. I came home to a sparkly clean apartment, smelling of delectable lobster macaroni and cheese fresh out of the oven. A blue cheese wedge salad sat waiting on the counter and a cannoli chilled in the fridge for later. Not only that, but Jeremiah had set up our balcony for a nice candlelight dinner, topped with wine and a little background music. It was so wonderful! And delicious! The food was all made by Jeremiah himself, using Ina Garten's recipes. I was so impressed. I would have been too scared to attempt cooking lobster, but Jeremiah's dish was a huge success.
Isn't he a great guy??
Happy Birthday to me!



1 comment:

Kristin said...

HOW SWEET OF JER :) This made me so happy