Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Smoothie Goodness

A summer must! This past Friday while running errands I was in need of a refreshing drink so I checked out my local Panera Bread, only because I had a gift card. Intending to get a frozen mocha drink, my guilty conscience got the best of me as I read the big 570 under the calorie count. Why the heck are they posting calories?? I bet they haven't sold much of those recently.

I reluctantly scanned the list of low-fat smoothies and decided to settle for the black cherry (of course, of the three options, this one had the most calories, ha!). To my surprise it was fabulous!! Have you ever tasted Breyer's black cherry yogurt? It takes exactly like that. I thought the low-fat (only 1.5g) would have this beverage lacking in many areas, but was pleasantly surprised that not only was the flavor spot on, but it was creamy as well. In fact, the next day while I was running more errands, I stopped by to get another. Unfortunately, my gift card had ran out, but it was well worth the few bucks.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Nice! This makes me want to go to Panera.