Friday, October 19, 2012

Fifty-Two Weeks

That's a wrap. Can you believe it?? I, for one, cannot. Although the day-in day-out parenting of an infant at times seemed to drag on and on and on, the year as a whole flew by. Jeremiah and I went out the night of Surrey's birthday as a little congratulations to ourselves for surviving a year of parenthood. We were reflecting on the past twelve months with both precious and dreadful memories. Everyone should have to take care of an infant for a year before having a baby. Ha, not very possible! But really, how much more knowledge and confidence we have now! Although the sound of a newborn in public still makes me shudder (sorry grandparents, no more grandchildren anytime soon), I know now that I can handle it and I know now a lot more tricks of the trade than I did back in the day. We were so clueless and sleep deprived. And at times, I was scared of my child. I was fearful I'd have no clue what to do with her or when she'd start crying next. I never thought I'd make it through the reflux and the colic and the awful breastfeeding experiences. But here I am - here we are - alive and thriving. Surrey is awesome, although she still likes to fool the public by coming across stoic or miserable. She's walking and talking and is a lot of fun. She almost makes us want another. Almost. 

And here she is with her grand finale photoshoot. Sheesh. I think she's just had enough of these pictures. Or she's say they're ending. Either way, she's pissed.




1 comment:

Kristin said...

haha hilarious- and CONGRATS! you are great parents and it show... Surrey is so lucky!! It only gets easier from here, right? ;) haha- LOVE YA