Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bleach Water

I just finished my eighth day at the Goddard School, phew! I forgot how exhausting working with fifteen 2 year olds can be! I typically work from about 6:50 to 10 in the morning, although some days I stay up to an hour and a half later. I start my morning by making bleach water for all of the classrooms. As I funnel the water into squirt bottles and pour the water from a gallon jug into a little bin, I inevitably ruin many of the clothes I wear. Today, my new pair of New York & Company khakis fell victim; yesterday, one of my favorite Gap shirts. Thankfully I was smart enough to get a cute, yet very inexpensive pair of shoes from Walmart, because they are now splattered with bleach stains. Afterwards, I'm in Toddling Turtles' room watching the early birds and then head over to my home away from home--Sunny Sailboats. Ms. Sarah has done a great job of helping me get acquainted, and the children are warming up to me quickly. It is fun, but very tiring, and I applaud all those who do it full-time. It takes a special kind of people for sure.
Added benefit: I'm building up my immune system AND my biceps!

No comments: