Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birthday in the Mail!

I know, I know. Far too long since I've updated. I'm sure at this point even my Mom and brother are only making an occasional visit due to my inconsistency. Hey you two!
Well it's officially summertime for Jeremiah and me, as school ended this past Friday. Thank the good Lord! We are both ready for a break, even though I will be babysitting 2-3 days a week and Jeremiah will be teaching summer school for a handful of weeks. I think we'll manage.
Another excitement is my 24th birthday tomorrow. Woo hoo! I've been rather nostalgic, as this is my first birthday not celebrated in Sellersville with my family. It was inevitable, if not after getting married, but especially due to the move down south.
It hasn't been such a bad gig, as I have gotten something in the mail each day, which has been a fun treat. Most notably was what I received Tuesday morning via UPS from my sister, Chef Andria Koehler. Even miles away, I am still able to enjoy her culinary confections. She mailed all the ingredients to build a most delectable birthday cake! She even included candles and sugar decorations. It made me feel so special. I was, however, a bit intimidated after reading the detailed instructions spanning the front and back of a piece of paper. Luckily, they were so detailed that there was little room for error. And just as the instructions said to do, my dear husband sang Happy Birthday to me and I proceeded to blow out the 24 candles atop the cake. As you see below, I have created a photo journal for you of my day putting this package together. It was an orange cake with layers of chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream, iced on the outside with more chocolate buttercream and then doused with chocolate glaze. My sister speaks right to my very being with this gift.











3 comments:

Andria said...

Hahaha! The cake looks beautiful! You did a great job and way to cram all of those candles on :)

Cam said...

hey

Kristin said...

I'M STILL HERE!!!! and that cake looks amazing