Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to School

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Craziness.
Jeremiah will have his hands fuller than they have been the past two years. Hard to imagine. Each of his three classes are co-taught, being that there is such a high number of special education students. He's been knee-deep in paperwork the past couple days trying to learn each kid's needs and accommodations. It's a tall order, but he's the man for the job. He also plans on tutoring after school.
Fortunately, I will be back at the same elementary school again this year. This time around however, they are expecting me to offset large class sizes in both 2nd and 1st grades. That's nine classes, about twenty-five kids in each, and one of me. You do the math. They also need my help at random times doing school-wide tasks. I'm not so sure how much of an impact I'll be making this year but I'm crossing my fingers for the best.
In a couple weeks I'll also be starting a second job. I'll be working in a human services office doing administrative stuff Monday through Thursday for a few hours.
Here's to 5:45am wake-up calls and long days. Here's to greedy teachers having to go back to work. When's winter break??

1 comment:

Kristin said...

ugh... it's better than not having a job (my situation :( )... speaking of, I have a LOT of free time- are weekdays totally crazy for you guys if I were to come down in the next few weeks? I'll call to see if you actually see this ;)