Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Isn't Life Funny?

Hilarious, really.
Can you sense my sarcasm?
Right in the midst of my extreme financial anxiety over the holidays and moving into our condo (Dec. 21 by the way!!), Jeremiah's car decides it's time to break down. This morning. While I was driving. To the tune of $400.
Isn't life funny???
Still running through my head are all the condo things we could have bought with $400. Perhaps a good deal on a mattress and boxspring? All the blinds and ceiling fans and paint we might need? A queen bed frame and guest bedding? Dining room chairs? A coffee table, bookshelves, and picture frames? Or perhaps making a dent in the refrigerator we just had to buy. Bahh!
The good news is the car broke down right after I pulled through the drive-thru at a local Starbucks. Luckily, I wasn't in the middle of 288, alone and stranded. And fortunately, Jeremiah was still home to receive my tear-filled phone call and come to my rescue. The school I work at was even very gracious with me when I told them I wasn't going to be able to make it in so last minute.
The other good news is Allen Tire has saved the day again, fixing up that piece of garbage by mid-afternoon. After the battery light went out, and it started overheating and smoking and smelling like it was on fire, and would barely drive, I didn't think there was any hope left. Oh, and we had to get it towed. But a pretty penny later, my nemesis is parked right out front again.
This is the thorn in our side. Great theologians of the past are rolling in their graves right now as I compare our constant car trouble with Scripture. But boy is it a pain!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sorry about the car :(