Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Over the Weekend

Jeremiah and I had a great weekend!
We traveled north to the Koehler household for a very special event--my sister's believer's baptism. Although she was baptized as a baby, Andria's new relationship with Christ and understanding of Christianity at its core motivated her to be baptized again. Simply an outward sign of her new faith. I've been praying for Andria's salvation since my freshman year in college and so you may imagine I am overjoyed that God has drawn her into a personal relationship with himself just over a month ago. Yay!
While we were there we did some other fun things, too. On Saturday morning we were able to get together for breakfast with two of our great friends from college, Kristy and Matt. It was so great to see them--to catch up and laugh together!
Afterwards, we headed to Bucks Country Gardens with my parents to admire their festive displays. 'Tis the season and I couldn't be happier. Jeremiah and I have never been out with just my parents, it was sort of like a double-date. I loved it!
The four of us then headed over to J. Scones--the bakery where my sister now works. What a cute place it was, and what delicious delicacies it had! My mom lavished us with scones and cupcakes to enjoy the rest of the weekend. There's a reason this bakery's claim to fame is scones. Instead of dry, crumbly pastry, these baked goods are flavorful and moist. They even mail frozen dough for you to enjoy no matter your location. Want dibs? Let me know.
Buff chick mac cheese followed later that evening, in addition to relaxation and quality time together.
On our way home Sunday we picked up a couple goodies at Ikea; however, this wonderful lamp shade we bought doesn't fit on the stand we have, so surprise surprise we'll be returning it. Bummer.




2 comments:

Kristin said...

This does look like a great weekend!!

Elise Boros said...

AMAZING!! I am praising God for my new sister in Christ! So awesome!!!