Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thanks for Your Patience

...because I've just about lost mine.

I'm disheartened to announce that my computer is out of commission, hence the less-than-consistent posts. I'm currently updating you from Jeremiah's Dell desktop PC circa 1990, bulky monitor and all. My ultra trendy MacBook has failed me once again. Those words are painful to get out. That blazing white beauty has been my right-hand man, and without him a part of me is snuffed out. Bahaha! But really, I rely on my computer a lot for checking email, paying bills, uploading pictures, browsing condo ideas, and of course stalking on facebook. So now that its "AirPort" has decided it's about dead (this happened a few months after I got it three years ago, too) I have no way of connecting to the network. No internet equals worthless computer.
The silver lining in all of this is that when I called Apple support yesterday, the English-speaking (yay!) man informed me that I still have six days left on my AppleCare, meaning I can get all of this repaired and no cost to me. Hallelujah! I thought that warranty expired long ago. Talk about clutch timing. So tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment at 12:20 in the afternoon. Actually, I don't, my computer does. There's a bonus, too. The top of the laptop where I rest of wrists has cracked on both sides so it's currently covered in packing tape. G-h-e-t-t-o. I thought, eh, since this guy speaks English I'll go ahead and ask him if that is covered as well. YES, he said! Whoop, whoop!
So hopefully they won't keep him in the hospital for too long, but even if they do, I guess it'll be worth it to have him healthy again. Until then, I can't post any pictures and my life is a little more irritating on this Dell. Hang in there and pray that I'll do the same.

In other news, the holidays are approaching and I'm getting excited for that. We've started a bit early this year so as not to overwhelm ourselves during December when we've got some moving to do. Speaking of, our big move is approaching in just over a month.
Although I felt like it was moving at a snail's pace during the record high temps this summer, time really is flying.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Man... I'm slacking... Andy pointed out to me that I had missed a blog... AWESOME ABOUT YOUR WARRANTY!!