Friday, April 20, 2012

Mmmm Solids

Surrey is an eating machine! Several weeks ago when we tried giving her solids she would cough, spit the food out, and gag herself. Not a very pleasant experience for anyone involved. And then a couple weeks ago I noticed her smirking at me while I was eating dinner. The next day she was downright smiling and happy while watching me eat a BLT, and even started air-chewing herself (you know, like playing air-guitar but with chewing). I literally jumped at the chance to give solids another chance, and she loved it. Of course, she was a bit messy, but no coughing and no gagging. Now the child seems to love it. She's graduated to the highchair instead of the bumbo and is so excited to eat she can't put her arms down. Last night I had my first appointment with our Baeba babycook (we had been using Gerber foods that were a gift) and it is awesome. Crossing my fingers Surrey enjoys these homemade sweet potatoes just as much as the bananas with apples and pears. Fortunately, I won't feel enticed to sing that dang apples and bananas song tonight while giving it a whirl.




1 comment:

Kristin said...

She is a cutey- glad she is eating solids! Don't know what baebreaearayrajhaerha whatever is- but sounds cool!