Monday, April 30, 2012

Penn State Wedding

Jordan, one of my very best friends from Penn State, got married this past Saturday. She was a stunning bride and the weekend was so much fun. There are so many funny, wow-it's-a-small-world connections between Jordan and Dan...and me. They met only a year-ish ago, but we actually went to Penn State with Dan's brother. Jordan is going to be moving to my hometown, where Dan lives. Two of the groomsman went to my high school, one of which I graduated with (and who also is now married to a girl my brother dated...).
All of my college roommates and their spouses were there, too - pure joy! It's so fun to see them and feel like no time has passed and be able to pick up right where we left off. There were also so many other Penn State friends to catch up with. Most of my roommates stopped by to see our place and meet Surrey, which made me so happy. Living in Virginia can be very hard some days, being that our family and closest friends all live in Pennsylvania. I so much want for Surrey to know these people who we love and who love us, and for them to be a part of her life, too. Stupidly I forgot to snap photos of them with her, but fortunately I did succeed in getting one of the six of us.  Not my most shining moment, but what beautiful friends I have.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So happy you had such a great weekend :) You guys all look fantastic! Love the pictures I've seen so far- and the dresses are fabulous!