Sunday, February 21, 2010

Floored

Jeremiah and I were feeling pretty defeated from the past two weeks. A couple Mondays ago Shaniqua died, and then that Saturday we filed our taxes and found out we owe $1,500. After stressing about the car, but planning on getting money from taxes, it felt like a kick in the face to find out how much we owe. I was especially bummed because we would love to be able to buy a house as the end of our lease approaches this summer. *Note: We still haven't officially decided to stay in Virginia, but really feel like that might be our best choice right now (which kills me to say when I think about being far away from family!).*
So although Jeremiah has kept his cool pretty well, I have been feeling almost crushed by the whole ordeal. I've been trying to remind myself of truth and that my hope has to be in God and not in my circumstances. That's a hard lesson to learn. I've also been feeling a bit guilty since we owe money for taxes based on my job. I must have screwed something up when I originally filled out my paperwork. And my job pays low as it is, so I feel like I am contributing next to nothing to our endeavors. I'm currently trying to find another job, in an effort to offset our expenses and hopefully be able to buy a home and start having kids. I'm also looking so that hopefully I am able to find something that is better suited for me, something I feel I am purposed to do.
With all that being said, I must share with you why I entitled this post 'floored.' This past Friday when I got home from work I checked the mail. In the stack was what looked like a card, with a bright yellow and orange envelope, but no return address. I was wondering what it might be for, and figured maybe it was a thank you from Ruby. Had no idea.
Well, it wasn't a thank you. It was a card that said. "When things seem unclear, God is near." It also had a hand-written message that said "God calls us to plant seed and we believe you two are good ground. You are God's best!" And it also had $500 cash in it.
I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I immediately called Jeremiah, in total shock of the gift we had just received. We were floored. Some friends of our sent us an anonymous gift of $500 with such a fitting message. God really does provide for his children. And he also really does care for his children, too. He has reminded me through this of where my trust belongs and that He is faithful. He has reminded me through this that He loves me, and that although I'm totally confused and at times feel alone, not only is He here, but so are others. It is so crazy that these people are so faithful to God that they were willing to send such a humble gift. We cannot personally thank them, because we really don't know who it is. But if you're reading, WE CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH. This is huge in so many ways. Thank you!