Friday, February 5, 2010

One Day Work Week

You heard it correctly. One day work week!
Henrico and Chesterfield County Public Schools had a fourth snow day this week, after having three in a row and then a two-hour delay yesterday (I had to go in on time yesterday, but Jeremiah did not. I don't think I'm granted your sympathy though).
Today and tomorrow they are calling for a mixture of rain, snow, and sleet, which may all accumulate anywhere from 4"-10" I believe. Here's a snapshot of what we're working with as of noon today. Sticking to the sidewalks and cars (you'll notice Shaniqua to the left of the Cruiser), but not the road quite yet. It's a slushy mess for now. Jeremiah and I headed out to the library to rent a couple movies, and boy was that place packed. Same with the grocery store... again.

I got smart yesterday though and FINALLY bought a snow shovel. More money than I would have liked to spend, but it's worth not throwing my back out again trying to shovel with an ice pick. I was shocked I could actually find a shovel, but I found what I consider to be a hole in the wall home/garden/lawn place. Southern States, way to go. And way to go me for thinking of going there. I was planning on hunting for a sled, but was D-O-N-E with the crowds of people everywhere so called it quits and came home. 

These southerners are getting a rare taste of the north and I am loving it. I'd like to think the credit should go to Jeremiah and me, considering before we moved here Richmond could only dream of seeing the white stuff dust the ground.