Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fab Fuschia


"Gotta have her like Nikes fresh out the box"
Famous lyrics from R&B artist, Mario. See also Jeremiah's musical glory days.


I have a new goal. High tail my butt to the gym every morning before work. This week I started a new job (more on that later) and don't need to leave my house until 8am, which is an hour later than what I've become accustomed to. So, I'm trying to make the most of the extra time. I'll enjoy an extra half hour of sleep (adios 5:30am) and not live in guilt all night after work for being too exhausted and lazy to go to the gym.
As I prepared for my new endeavor, I noticed that my sneakers have seen better days. Most areas of the sole have absolutely no tread left. Problem is, sneakers are one of the last things I want to spend money on. Just like sports bras and underwear and car maintenance, sneakers are something I think should come for free. However, if I'm going to be serious about this, I better get some serious footwear.
Luckily, Chesterfield Town Center just put in a Shoe Dept Encore (???) that I noticed on my way out from stopping at Ann Taylor LOFT. How could anyone not notice it. Those fluorescent lights. Wow. Seeing rows of shoes shining in blinding light reminded me that I might want to take a look. And so I did.
About twenty minutes later, after trying to avoid the obnoxious purple, I was sucked in. They were the most comfortable pair and we all know I like a little spunk in my life. Who's motivated to exercise by a white pair of generic Asics? No one. Definitely not me. So from here on out when my alarm scares me out of my sleep at 6am, I hope I'll look over towards these fuschia beauties and be overcome with motivation. Nike Dual Fusion grant me your purple power! Here goes nothing!

2 comments:

Dad said...

They are the best!! Are they available in men's sneaks? Love the shoes!! Nicely done Amelda!

Kristin said...

Wow- I LOVE THEM!!