Sunday, January 23, 2011

Master of Ceremonies

The long awaited disclosure of the master bedroom. Once again, horrible photos. Clearly, interior photography is not my calling in life.
The main feature of our room is its vastness. We are very fortunate to have so much space to spread out in. Not only is there a more-than-substantial bedroom, but there is also a sitting room. A pretty huge walk-in closet and a bathroom with his and hers sinks are also part of the packaged deal.
Although it at times looks mossy, we painted the room a shade of gray (that's the third shade of gray in the condo, count it). It theoretically picks up on the grays in the headboard my mom and I made. As you can tell, the color scheme of the room is a bit out of my comfort zone with darker tones and mustard yellow of all things! As you can also tell, I managed to sneak in a few pops of white. This room, like the rest of the place, is a work in progress. Can you say curtains and wall art?
I must brag on my husband for hanging that beast of a headboard. Inexperienced that he is, he did a great job finding the studs, lining up flush mounts exactly right, and hanging that bad boy securely to the wall. It was a very tedious task that he managed to overcome even without anger or heat flashes. Call Guinness!
Note the ancient TV from days of old. That's a purchase dating back to my freshmen year of college. Although it's past it's prime, Jeremiah is more than happy watching Lost or playing video games on it. One day we'll get a something a little, umm, sleeker.


This picture was take from the bathroom, as you can see in this picture below. The door to the left of the bathroom is our closet and the entrance door is to the left of that.


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Look at all that space- wow! I love the little sitting area by the windows :)

Cassidy Fantuzzo said...

Brianna! It's been awhile since I've read. The place looks amazing! So... you inspired me. Did you make the headboard?? I really really want to do that.

Erica said...

Your room is so nice! Great job! I need you to come and help me!