Monday, May 14, 2012

First Mother's Day

How strange and wonderful that I just celebrated my first Mother's Day. Until a couple weeks ago I actually don't think I realized I now am someone being honored on this holiday, in addition to honoring my own mom. Strange and wonderful.
Jeremiah and Surrey sure did make me feel extra special yesterday. Surrey decided she just couldn't wait to spend time with me, so she was up several times during the night. What a sweet girl. We enjoyed a special Panera breakfast treat and a little lunch from Fresh Market - a household favorite. The most notable part of the day was our excursion out to Maymont Park for a quaint picnic dinner. Surrey was so excited for her first picnic that she snoozed on the car ride there. Happy Mother's Day to me. Jeremiah created a tasty menu consisting of shrimp BLT wraps, pickled cucumbers and onions, and fruit salad - ALL homemade. Surrey enjoyed pureed apples. It was so fun to get out to a quiet, scenic place and enjoy time as our little family of three. 
Thanks to my husband for honoring, loving, and serving me yesterday. You've set the bar high for your special holiday in June.




And yes, Surrey did have a wardrobe change. 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Surrey looks so much like you- I think it's the eyes- beautiful!!

Mom/Grandmom said...

Where was her sun bonnet - inquiring Grandmom wants to know

Brianna said...

Mom - it was a cloudy day! Not a ray of sunlight to be found.